Welcome to the Junior Section of our website. You can find links to the Juniors fixtures and competitions above. You can follow Eaton Junior Section on Twitter @EatonJuniorGolf.
Our Junior Captain for 2018 is Chloe Rowswell (right).
Eaton Junior Academy
Sessions are run each Saturday - speak to the Professionals on 01603 251394 for more details.
Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) has considered its responsibilities to the children participating in golf at our premises very carefully, and has produced a Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy in order to set out the standards our Club wish to uphold in providing activities for children and safeguarding the welfare of children in our care.
Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) is affiliated to England Golf (EGU), our professional coaching staff are members of the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA), and the Club recognises the policies of these Governing Bodies.
Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard the welfare of all children (defined as those under 18) involved in golf within the Club. All children have a right to protection, and have their particular needs taken into account.
Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) will therefore endeavour to ensure the safety and protection of all children involved with the Club through the Child Protection Policy and Procedures adopted by the Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) Management Board. It is the responsibility of all adults within the Club to assist the Management Board in this endeavour.
- To provide children with appropriate safety and protection whilst in the care of the Club and also help them to enjoy their experience of the sport.
- To reassure parents that their children will receive the best practicable care possible whilst participating in activities within the Club.
- To provide support to staff and volunteers to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues and to fulfil their role effectively.
- The welfare of children is paramount.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, ethnic origin and religious beliefs have the right to protection from abuse.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All staff and volunteers working in golf have a responsibility to report concerns to the Club Welfare Officer.
- Adults, staff, volunteers, coaches, referees and Club members will be supported to understand their role and responsibility with regard to the duty of care and protection of children and young people.
- Individuals will receive support through education and training to be aware of and understand best practice and how to manage any welfare or child protection issues that may come to light. Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) will work in partnership with parents to review and implement child protection and welfare procedures of the Club’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. This policy is based on the above principles, UK and international legislation and government guidance, and takes the following into consideration:
- The Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- The Data Protection Act 1994 & 1998.
- The Police Act 1997.
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
- The Protection of Children Act 1999.
- Caring for the young and vulnerable - Home Office Guidance for preventing the abuse of trust 1999.
- The Criminal and Court Services Act 2000.
- What to do if you are worried a child is being abused 2005.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010.
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Any subsequent legislation relating to child protection would implicitly be incorporated into this Policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & COMMUNICATION:
- The Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy & Procedures are available to view in the Clubhouse to all members, parents, staff, volunteers and participants and the master copy will be held in Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) office.
- The Policy will be reviewed every three years by the Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) Management Board, and amended as appropriate. Guidance from golf’s governing bodies will be sought as part of this review process.
- The Eaton Golf Club (Norwich) Management Board has responsibility for ensuring that the Policy and Procedures are implemented, including taking any appropriate necessary disciplinary action.
- The Club Welfare Officer has responsibility for responding to any allegations, concerns or child protection incidents, passing information to the appropriate National Governing Body Lead Child Protection Officer and informing the appropriate Club staff.
- Parents have a responsibility to work together with the Club in implementing procedures and providing their children with the necessary information to safeguard themselves.